SUMNER COUNTY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
Kerwin L. Spencer, County Attorney
Mitch Spencer, Assistant County Attorney and Chief Litigator
Erin L. Zoglmann, Deputy County Attorney, Juvenile Offenders and Children in Need of Care
Deputy County Attorney, Misdemeanor Traffic Cases and Mental Commitment Cases
Sumner County Courthouse
501 N. Washington - Suite G07, Wellington, KS 67152
Business Hours: Mon. – Fri.
8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Links to Frequently Requested documents:
Traffic Infraction Diversion Policy & Application
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR TRAFFIC INFRACTION DIVERSION:
- For speeding, the cited speed cannot exceed 20 MPH
- CDL holders are not diversion eligible per Kansas law.
- Applicants must not have had any prior traffic or criminal charges for at least 12 months (some exclusions apply).
DUI and Domestic Battery Diversion Description
DUI and Domestic Battery Diversion Application
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COUNTY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE ARE:
- Prosecute crimes referred by law enforcement agencies
- Children in Need of Care cases referred by proper agencies
- Care and Treatment petitions
- Appellate litigation
- Aid law enforcement in investigations by providing counsel and/or help in drafting subpoenas or search warrants
E-mail the Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site. Last modified: December 27, 2019