Monday, January 20, 2020

Permit/License Information

Information relating to the following items/topics is provided below.

  • Agricultural Open Burning
  • Cereal Malt Beverage License
  • Fireworks Permits
  • Hunting/Fishing Licenses

Agricultural Open Burning
The Board of County Commissioners addressed agricultural open burning by adopting Resolution 2002-06. There is no permit required, but there are limitations and steps that the person conducting the burn is required to do. Such as notifying the E911 Center before burning begins and after the fire is extinguished.

Please refer to Resolution 2002-06 for complete details.

Cereal Malt Beverage License
Applications for the Retail Sale of Cereal Malt Beverage are available in the County Clerk’s office. For the unincorporated areas in Sumner County, applications are submitted to the Board of County Commissioners and the applicable statutory procedures are followed.


Click here for:
Application for Sale
Click here for:
Application for Display

A permit for the Sale of Fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Sumner County is required as per County Resolution 01-06. The Sale of Fireworks is only permitted from July 1 through July 4 of each year. A fee based on the size of the business structure is charged. Applications must be submitted before June 1 of the applicable year. Please refer to Resolution 01-06 for complete details. For any sale location located within an incorporated city, the City should be contacted for their licensing requirements and application process.

A permit for the Display of Fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Sumner County is required. A Display of Fireworks is allowed through out the year as long as the licensing requirements are met.

Hunting / Fishing Licenses and information Ks Dept of Wildlife and Parks

Hunting and/or fishing licenses may be purchased on-line from the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. Complete information relating to hunting and fishing license requirements and laws is also available on the Wildlife and Parks website. Licenses may also be purchased in the County Clerk’s office or at several vendors located in the County.