If you have sold a vehicle before the end of your registration period or you have moved out of Kansas, then you may be eligible for a partial refund.
- You may turn in the license plate and registration from your old vehicle after you have signed over the notarized title.
- Refunds under $5.00 will not be issued.
- Out of state refunds are for the prorated property taxes only.
- If you have sold your vehicle, bring in your license plate and registration, we will need your social security number, or the federal tax I.D. number for a business, and the name of the person buying the vehicle
- If you have moved out of state, mail in or bring in your plates, registration, copy of new out of state registration, copy of new out of state drivers license, social security number or federal tax I.D. number for a business, and a mailing address to mail the check .